Hawaii Consultation Attorney
Many lawyers’ websites note that they provide a free initial consultation. The below will help you understand what your free consultation at the Law Offices of Ian Mattoch will entail.
Call us at one of our five offices located near you (SEE LOCATIONS / CONTACT). Your call will be transferred to an attorney, investigator, or paralegal to see if our firm will be able to assist you.
You will be asked questions regarding:
- The incident (date of injury, names of adverse parties (if known), and your general contact information);
- The injuries sustained in the subject incident;
- The treatment of the injuries you have sustained (injuries, tests, imaging studies, names of medical facilities, and names of treating physicians); and
- How has the injuries you sustained in the subject incident affected your life – your work, your relationships, and your play.
An appointment to meet Ian either in-person, through video conferencing, or over the phone, will be scheduled. In-hospital appointments can be made. Allow approximately one hour for your initial meeting with the Law Offices of Ian Mattoch.
MEET WITH IAN.
During your consultation with Ian, you may be asked to clarify the facts of the accident, injuries, and/or treatment received. You may be asked your doctor’s prognosis or recommendations for future medical care and rehabilitation. Ian will explain how a contingency fee works; we advance all costs, and we do not get paid or reimbursed for these costs until settlement monies are received.
WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED FOR MY INITIAL CONSULTATION?
It will be helpful if you can bring the following documents to your initial meeting with Ian:
- Current photo identification;
- Current medical insurance card;
- Current Medicare card (if applicable)
- Copy of police report (if available);
- Photographs of property damage and/or injuries;
- Any medical bills received in your home; and
- Any correspondence from insurance companies regarding the subject incident.
After meeting with Ian and discussing the accident facts, an extensive interview to gather: 1) personal information, 2) medical history, and 3) earnings history, will take place with the paralegal assigned to handle your case with the law firm.
WHAT DOCUMENTS WILL I BE ASKED TO SIGN?
Once you have decided to retain our law firm, you will be asked to sign the following documents:
- Retainer Agreement;
- Special Power of Attorney;
- Authorizations to obtain copies of medical records and bills;
- Authorization to obtain copies of other documents (police report, employment records, school records, etc.); and
- Medicare Proof of Representation (if applicable).
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I HAVE RETAINED THE LAW OFFICES OF IAN MATTOCH?
Once you have retained the law firm, you will be asked to focus on healing and rehabilitation. Should anyone contact you with regard to the subject incident, you will be asked to forward inquiries to Ian and the law firm. After your meeting with Ian, you have entered into a pre-demand status with our law firm. Documents will be gathered.
You will be asked to contact our law firm should you have any change in your medical status or treatment.
Once you have reached maximum medical improvement, our office will begin to prepare your case for a demand letter to be written to begin settlement negotiations. If cases do not settle following demand negotiations, a complaint may need to be filed with the court in order to proceed to litigation.
Please be assured that settlement negotiations can be discussed throughout the litigation process. Parties may enter into an arbitration or mediation in order to resolve the dispute. You will be informed and apprised of your options as you move through the process.
In addition to resolving your personal injury claims, our law firm will aggressively negotiate any liens or medical insurance claims for reimbursement that may arise out of your subject accident.
Be assured that our law firm will be there even beyond settlement should you have any questions or concerns.
Meet OUR ATTORNEYS and find out more about our law firm.